Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Column resizing in Rhythmbox

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 11:20 +0100, Mark Hewitt wrote:
> I can't seem to find a bug for it, so maybe it's just on my system, but
> the resizing of RB columns is a nightmare - they behave in completely
> unpredictable ways, sometimes shrinking or growing away from the
> direction I move the mouse - anyone else have this problem?

It's a GTK issue (I can't find the bug number at the second). There are
some corner cases where GTK doesn't handle column-resizing well, and
Rhythmbox runs into most of them.

Having a number of columns, with fixed-width and resizable columns
interspersed, makes it hard to figure out how exactly resizing should
work. From what I've heard, most ideas that improve one situation make
other situations worse.

Unless someone fixes it in GTK, the only other option is to make the
columns no longer fit the window, and to have a horizontal scroll bar.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"`Volatile' and `Register' are not miscible" -- MPW C error message