Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Post 0.9.4 UI stuff

> I'm not sure what way there is around this though because it would
> probably be impossible to come up with sufficiently informative icons
> to display. The only other solution I can think of is to switch the
> icon you had in the toolbar into the text of the currently selected
> play order; see
> http://img421.imageshack.us/img421/8341/rhythmboxplayorder2kn.jpg for a
> mock-up.

The statusbar might be the right place for this?

>From HIG
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/desktop-notification-area.html

"Using the status notification area applications can notify the user
of non-critical events (for example, arrival of new email, or a chat
'buddy' having logged on), and expose the status of active system
processes (for example, a printing document, or a laptop's battery
charging)."

Totem does something similar with the play time.