[Rhythmbox-devel] RE: [Gtkpod-questions] Why not merge gtkpod and rhythmbox projects?

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 10:33 -0700, Alex Lau wrote:
> I agree, as an user, we want a one stop shop. I also suggest to merge
> with gpixpod

As a user, try to think of why these projects exist independent of each
other. It is usually because 1 project was going in a different
direction than the author of the 2nd (or 3rd, 4th, etc.) project wanted
it to go.

As a developer, I can see why these projects are different, and in many
cases, merging them just doesn't make sense. Remember, the whole point
is 'choice', and making different projects that have different goals,
gives the users (like yourself) more choices. Sometimes those choices
don't make sense to you, but it made sense to the developers of those
projects. People (especially developers) don't like reinventing the
wheel, so try to understand why these projects differ.

Tried amaroK? IMHO, it blows away anything I've used on Windows, OSX and
Linux to date (and I'm not a KDE or GNOME user). Even my wife likes how
simple and powerful it is.

FWIW

--
David A. Desrosiers