Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Watched Directories

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 11:44 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> So if you watch ~/Music, it will monitor ~/ ? Sounds like a problem.

No, it's a problem with monitoring files not in the watched directory.
I'll try to give a clearer example.

Say you set your "music directory" to ~/Music, and manually add the file
~/Downloads/some-song.mp3 to listen to.

It will notice new files/folders in ~/Downloads while running. This
means that if you downloaded ~/Downloads/another-song.mp3 while
Rhythmbox is running, it would automatically get imported. It will also
notice if you create the folder ~/Downloads/new-folder/, and monitor
that too.

Making it not do that would be a matter of checked each detected new
file, to see if it was somewhere under the watched directory.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Veni Vermini Vomui (Latin) - I came, I got ratted, I threw up...