Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [patch] tray icon rework patch

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 11:03 +0200, ÐÐÐÑÐÑ ÐÐÐÑÑÐÑÐÐ wrote:
> But the whole problem is not "minimizing-to-tray", because the close
> button doesn't do that. it just minimizes rhythmbox (you can see that in
> wm other than gnome, for instance, in e17, hitting the close button, or
> clicking the tray icon just minimizes rhythmbox, it is shown in the icon
> box). The idea is to hide the window, just like almost every other app
> that has a tray icon does, not minimize it. Take a look at gaim,
> liferea, tomboy ... if i didn't explain it correctly.

Hiding the window is what is supposed to happen when you click the tray
icon. It's odd that it doesn't work for you, because it seems to work
for me with Metacity, Sawfish and E17.

What Rhythmbox does is iconify (minimise) the window and set a timeout
so that it is hidden 0.25 seconds later. I can't think of any reason why
it wouldn't work - hmm...

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. However, a large