Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: AudioCD patch

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 12:30 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > Just letting you all know that audio CD support has been committed to
> > cvs. You'll need MusicBrainz installed if you want to compile in the
> > online lookup.
>
> There use to be a configure option --enable-audiocd to enable the
> compile of the audio feature. This seems not to be listed in the
> configured options at the end of a ./configure and it doesn't seem to
> work under Fedora Core 4 (well if I put in an audio CD nothing seems
> to happen). Is there something I'm missing or is it auto configured?

Basic audio CD support doesn't have any requirements over those which
you need to build RB, so I didn't think it was worth having a
compile-time option for. There is an option for musicbrainz lookup
(which default to on, if the library is present).

There are several methods of detecting audio CDs, all of which are used
if possible.
1) If you have a HAL-enabled gnome-vfs it should report them
2) If you have libnautilus-burn 2.11.something and a drive with
door-state (i.e. not slot-loading) it will monitor the door.
3) There is a menu item to force a manual scan for removable media
(which is also done on startup).

IIRC Fedora Core 4 has Gnome 2.10 so (2) won't work, but I would have
though it would have a HAL-enabled gnome-vfs. In any case the menu item
should work.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Actually, we have scientifically determined that Heisenberg did indeed
sleep exactly here. However, we have no idea whatsoever just how fast