Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Edit->Preferences moved to View

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 06:45 +0100, Martin Jeppesen wrote:
> Edit->Preferences->Genral to View->General

That sounds good to me. It would probably be better called "Columns" or
"Visible Columns" or something, because "General" doesn't really mean
much.

> Edit->Preferences->Library to View->Library
>
> My reason for this that the Preferences now only feature UI changes,
> and when Rhythmbox have a specific menubar item for UI, these should
> be moved to there for consistency.

The "watched library" patch added the widget to choose where your
library resides to this pane. However that was only because the tab was
called "Library" so it seemed convenient, not because it had anything to
do with the other things on the tab.

I think these sound good, and help to reduce the number of things in the
preferences window, which has grown recently. Although they're still
technically preferences, they probably make more sense in the view menu.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"Oh bother," said the Borg, "We have assimilated Pooh". -- MHR on afp