Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Removing "disappeared" songs

Le lundi 16 mai 2005 à 13:00 -0400, Stefan Monnier a écrit :

> I think the only *safe* moment when we can remove an entry from the database
> is when the two conditions are met:
> 1 - `lstat' says the file doesn't exist.
> 2 - the directory in which the file should reside does exist.

So it's ok to screw people mounting /home/music via nfs and storing
their music there in a hierarchy like Artist/Album ?

> In any other circumstance, it seems risky.
>
> All in all, I'd rather *never* auto-remove entries from the database.
> Instead we should introduce a flag "missing" and grey-out the songs which
> are "missing".  And add a command to flush-out "missing" entries.

What 0.9 is supposed to do it:
* store the mount point where each song is located
* before removing a file, check if the mount point it was in is still
available
* if it's there and the song isn't, remove the song
* if it's not there, remove the song if it hasn't been available in x
days, with x being configurable in gconf

If it doesn't work, then a bug was added at some point and it should be
fixed.

Christophe