Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] another queue UI layout

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:33:46 -0600, Thomas Lunde <tlunde gmail com> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:34:10 +0200, Christophe Fergeau <teuf gnome org> wrote:
> > Le lundi 28 mars 2005 à 09:26 -0600, Thomas Lunde a écrit :
> >
> > > all of the new portable audio players with screens (both
> > > the iPod and the WMA horde) recognize and will use embedded cover art.
> >
> > The iPod photo won't use cover art embedded in files, it uses a separate
> > thumbnail database containing the uncompressed and scaled covers. While
> > this database can be generated from the data embedded in files, it can
> > also be generated from any other image as long as the various database
> > files are properly filled.
>
> (Huh?  ...goes off and researches...  *red face*)
> I apologize for providing bad information on the iPod photo.  I
> personally only have an older model and have only interacted with the
> new ones in a store (while it was attached to a Mac.)  Since iTunes
> stores its art in the ID3 tags and those do get sync'd to the iPod, I
> made a bad assumption.  Christophe:  do you know of any non-iTunes
> software that will generate the thumbnail database?  Some googling
> only turned up statements that there isn't (yet) any such.

Ahh so that would be why they're not appearing on my ipod photo :-)

gtkpod would probably be the easiest to add support to, although it
doesn't yet support them (it supports the shuffle).
http://gtkpod.sourceforge.net/

There is also details of the artwork database over here
http://www.ipodlinux.org/ITunesDB

Regards
Pete