Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] another queue UI layout

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 03:48:38PM +0100, Jonatan Magnusson wrote:
> > 	http://j.kaolin.hn.org/rhythmbox-left-side-queue.png
> >
> > I was initially concerned that the queue wouldn't display enough
> > information, but after using it for a while, it seems to be OK.
> > I seem to be able to identify most songs in my full library (~40G) from
> > the first two seconds of audio, so the title should also be enough..
> >

> Looks excellent to me! I have only one suggestion: artist and album
> could be displayed just below each song title in the queue, perhaps with
> grey italic text to make it less eyecatching.

This turns out to be surprisingly easy.. of course, the only other GUI
programming I've done recently was with Swing, so I was expecting
some pain.

	http://j.kaolin.hn.org/rhythmbox-queue-with-details.png

I decided not to change the colour of the text, since it's probably
impossible to pick a colour that'll actually be readable for everyone.
The text size for the artist and album is relative to the normal text
size, so if your normal text is at comfortable reading size, the smaller
text should still be readable.  I'm not entirely sure this is a good
idea, though.

-jonathan