Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Various questions from a new user...

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 12:53:53PM +0000, Derek Cramer wrote:

> I see that the
> songs have only 5 levels of rating. Is there any plans/way to increase
> this, as it would increase the granularity of the ratings. Rating as a
> percentage would seem to be an idea here, intuitive, and more accurate.
> I never rate songs manually, I only care for it in that it allows the
> player to choose songs I am likely to want to hear.

Internally, Rhythmbox stores ratings as floating-point values between
0.0 and 5.0.  The auto-rating logic adjusts these ratings each time
songs are played, skipped, etc.  Ratings are only rounded to the
five-star scale when displayed to the user.

So, if you just let the auto-rater do its thing, everything ought to
work out just fine.