Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox archive

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 10:20 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Could everyone with patches pending in some devel branch of some kind
> either:
> - file a bug and attach patches for new features
> - send small build/compilation/obvious patches to this list with a small
> explanation of the problems it fixes.

I've just started sorting out the patches from my arch branch, into
sensible chunks. I'm going to try and get the bug fixes done first, but
making them not depend on some of my other changes is going to be fun. I
should be filing some bugs shortly.

There are a couple of things that I'd done in my branch that I should
probably check with everyone to make sure I've done it the best way:

1) How should sorting-order for playlists be stored? There are actually
two sorting-orders: before limiting, and for the UI. The first should be
part of the playlist definition, but the second (which I haven't
implemented yet) could probably go in the playlist or in GConf.

2) Aside from the bits that aren't finished yet, does anyone has any big
problems with what's in my branch.

In terms of filing bugs, would one bug for the bulk of it (with a series
of patches) and a couple of of other bugs for miscellaneous fixes be
best?

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
I now have visions of a server whose panels and covers are secured with
red tapes, sealed with wax embossed with Elder Signs and other symbols.