[Rhythmbox-devel] UI comments on merge branch

Hello,

First of all, I wanted to thank all the developper that work on the
developpement version of rhythmbox.

I don't know if the branch merge will become the official developement
version of 0.9 but I have some comments to add:
(before to start I can't make rb plays because it crash immediatly
when I launch a track)

I think Rhythmbox lost the clean interface it had in the previous version :

SIDEBAR
- I used to hide the Soucelist, now I add to press CTRL+L, Ctrl+U and
Ctrl+K to hope the sidebar disappear, and it's even not the case [1].
- Correct the blank left side when no widget is displayed [1]

COVER
- the cover in the album field should not be in that place, it bring
useless white space when there no cover, and duplicate the cover
displayed on the left side. (see next step)
- Display the cover of the selected album at the cover widget on the
left side. Perhaps as itunes do it.
- Remove the picture on the cover when there is no cover.

PLAYER
- Why does the player area is so big, the previous one was very good I think.
- The traker should not be so big.
- IMO the shuffle and repeat functions don't need to be in the main
UI, as there as not nee
in one sentence, please bring back the previous player widget.

QUEUE
- move the queue as source, to limit the UI bloat, and avoid to much
boxes. Futhermore

[1] http://bmm80 free fr/Gnome/rhythmbox/rb-dev-1.png

I don't want to offense anyone; please consider these comments,
thank you :)
--
Baptiste Mille-Mathias