Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox archive

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 22:17 +0100, Charles Goodwin wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 10:20 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > The way we've (Colin and myself) pushed this first is the tla archive
> > has been closed for upstream Rhythmbox development. Development is now
> > done in GNOME CVS (as in the good ol' days), and we'll start pushing in
> > new features and bug fixes.
>
> Why?
>
> Is TLA not working for Rhythmbox's needs?
>
> I have to admit that as a regular Darcs [0] user, TLA seems a little bit
> daunting in terms of it's interface, but other than that it seemed OK.

The rest of GNOME uses CVS (and might use something else soon), and tla
made it hard to get "casual" patches, ie. developers, users that
regularly build from GNOME CVS, and can submit small patches for little
crashy things, or build problems. It's not a reflexion on tla, more on
the fact that it made it hard to integrate in the rest of the project.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>