Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] I'm using speech recognition with rhythmbox, need help with install

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 08:38:29AM -0600, jeffslists wrote:

> Source might be the best way to go.  Can you help me with the errors I'm
> getting?  My linux skills are pretty rusty.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "make ./configure" fails with this at the end:
> ----------------------------------
> checking for                   gtk+-2.0 >= 2.2.2
>        libgnomeui-2.0                  libglade-2.0
>          gnome-vfs-2.0
> gnome-vfs-module-2.0  libbonobo-2.0
> bonobo-activation-2.0... Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the
> pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
> No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
>
> configure: error: Library requirements (                  gtk+-2.0 >=
> 2.2.2                               libgnomeui-2.0
>           libglade-2.0                                    gnome-vfs-2.0
>                                 gnome-vfs-module-2.0
>          libbonobo-2.0                        bonobo-activation-2.0)
> not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if
> your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

You need to install the header files for GTK.  There's probably a
package called something like libgtk2.0-dev or libgtk2.0-devel,
depending on what Mandrake calls it.

You'll need to do likewise for any other libraries that aren't found by
the configure script.