Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] I'm using speech recognition with rhythmbox, need help with install

Paul Kuliniewicz wrote:

If you want to install from source, unpack the tarball and do:

./configure
make
make install

That's the standard procedure for most software.

Source might be the best way to go.  Can you help me with the errors I'm
getting?  My linux skills are pretty rusty.

Thanks.

"make ./configure" fails with this at the end:
----------------------------------
checking for                   gtk+-2.0 >= 2.2.2
       libgnomeui-2.0                  libglade-2.0
         gnome-vfs-2.0
gnome-vfs-module-2.0  libbonobo-2.0
bonobo-activation-2.0... Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found

configure: error: Library requirements (                  gtk+-2.0 >=
2.2.2                               libgnomeui-2.0
          libglade-2.0                                    gnome-vfs-2.0
                                gnome-vfs-module-2.0
         libbonobo-2.0                        bonobo-activation-2.0)
not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if
your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.