Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] How does auto-rating work?

On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 12:44:12PM +0100, Federico Pelloni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to understand how does your auto-rating feature work.
> I think you intercept whether a song finishes or is skipped and
> raise/lower the rating value.
> I'd like to know how you calculate the value added to the rating,
> as I looked in the code but I wasn't able to find the place where
> you do this.

Auto-rating was removed from rhythmbox in version 0.9.1 because we
didn't have a stable rating adjustment algorithm (amongst other
complaints).  If you're trying to figure it out by looking at CVS HEAD,
you can't find the code because it's just not there.  Prior to that, it
was in a function called rb_shell_player_auto_adjust_rating() in
shell/rb-shell-player.c.