Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] bonobo error

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:04:48 -0400
Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 13:38 -0500, John Drouhard wrote:
>
> > Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
> > `system-supplied DSO at 0xffffe000' has disappeared; keeping its
> > symbols. [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
> > [New Thread -1227778384 (LWP 12618)]
> > 0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
> > #0  0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
> > #1  0xb7749483 in __waitpid_nocancel () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
> > #2  0xb7f8c148 in libgnomeui_module_info_get ()
> >    from /usr/lib/libgnomeui-2.so.0
> > #3  0xbf9f32d0 in ?? ()
> > #4  0x00000000 in ?? ()
> > #5  0x00000000 in ?? ()
> > #6  0x00000000 in ?? ()
>
> This looks like you didn't compile with debugging information, or you
> stripped the binary afterwards.  Can you get one with debugging
> information?
>
> http://live.gnome.org/GettingTraces
>
> Also make sure you use 't a a bt' instead of just 'bt'.

That's my fault, I use gentoo, and I had a bunch of optimization flags
turned on, and didn't look at the stack trace to see that it wasn't
useful at all.

Anyway I decided to try downgrading to Gnome 2.10.2, then recompiling
rhythmbox. This fixed the crashing problem. I'm not sure what about
Gnome 2.11.92 was causing rhythmbox to crash, but since I don't have it
anymore, maybe someone else can help with that.

Anyway, the bonobo error still came up, but it was more descriptive.
Something about not being in the same prefix as bonobo-activation. I
decided to try compiling it into /usr instead of /usr/local. This fixed
the bonobo problem.

Now, is there a way to get dbus *and* bonobo? I noticed that in recent
CVS it wasn't, plus, since downgrading to gnome 2.10.2, my dbus was
also downgraded to 0.23.

I wouldn't be so adamant about bonobo if there was an audioscrobbler
plugin for rhythmbox that used dbus, but there isn't. The only one is
rbscrobbler and that listens to bonobo information.

Thanks