Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] bonobo error

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:57:43 -0400
Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 17:52 -0500, John Drouhard wrote:
> > I can't seem to get rhythmbox's bonobo service to activate. I get
> > this error when I run rhythmbox from a console:
> >
> > (rhythmbox:16338): Rhythmbox-CRITICAL **: acquired bonobo service
> > but couldn't activate!
> >
> > This started happening right before 0.9.0 was released, although I'm
> > not sure exactly which day's cvs commit caused this error to start.
> > I've recompiled and updated my cvs many times, but this error always
> > occurs.
>
> If this was from CVS, could you try today's CVS?

I haven't been able to get today's CVS to even run after I've compiled
it. It crashes every time I try to run it. This has been happening for
a couple days now, but I can't decide if it's rhythmbox causing the
problem, or the fact that I'm running Gnome 2.11.92 unstable.

Rhythmbox 0.9.0 does work though, so I guess I'll use that until CVS
starts working again. I'm not a programmer at all, otherwise I would
definitely be working on this myself.