Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Small fix for no dbus compile and question

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 11:28 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Attached is a small fix for compiling on FC4 with out the new dbus
> support (it was missing a ifdef and had an unused var).

Thanks. The unused variable was a bit more complicated than you though,
it is used if either DBus or Bonobo support is compiled in. I've
committed a fix that works in all cases to cvs.

> Also a quick query, a recent commit added a call to
> gtk_window_present_with_time which from what I can tell was introduced
> in gtk 2.8. From memory there was discussion about having the core
> rhythmbox functionality depend on the older libs so it can be run from
> gnome 2.10 or  something but the more advanced functionality such as
> dbus relying on the newer versions of the libraries that ship with
> gnome 2.12. Is this still going to be the case? I feel an upgrade to
> rawhide coming :-)

I think the general consensus was that Rhythmbox should be compilable on
a Gnome 2.10 system, although the optional bits may require higher
versions.

You're right - gtk_window_present_with_time was only introduced in 2.8,
so we should either just use gtk_window_present or make it dependent on
the GTK version. Colin put that in, so he'll probably know which option
is best.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
September 25th: Discovered lots of things about Dynamic HTML. Notably
that almost every site attempting to use it is crap. -- Alan Cox's Diary