Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] State of ipod support?

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 13:39 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

> Isn't it required for GNOME 2.12?

Ok, I found the earlier thread where we discussed this, and we concluded
GNOME 2.10.

Sorry about responding without thinking...it just sucks to see patches
being held because of this.

It does appear that GNOME 2.10 uses D-BUS 0.23; so if we're actually
targeting 2.10, anything depending on D-BUS like HAL will be
problematic.

How about this as a compromise - we make sure it compiles on 2.10, even
if it doesn't have all the features like the iPod reading?  Then if we
want later we can try to add conditional support.

We really need someone with a 2.10 system to volunteer to do the coding
and testing if we're going to try to support it.