Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Plugin development

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 19:59 +0200, Vincent Arnoux wrote:
> Le jeudi 11 août 2005 à 17:27 +0100, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
> > I don't see this happening in the near future, as we want to implement
> > quite a few things people would want as plugins as core features, and
> > the rest can be implemented using the remote bonobo and d-bus apis.
> I have actually been quite impressed with my last try of Amarok:
> - the lyrics retriever is very handy

That should actually be pretty easy to add, you can check the name of
the currently running song with the remote API.

> - playlists are generated automatically (Rhythmbox has this feature with
> songs ratings, but Amarok is also sorting by last songs added in the
> collection, most played, best rated, never played, etc...)

Most of those are planned as part of James' query work.

> - cover picture retriever (through Amazon and like Muine)

Core feature, there are already patches flying around.

> - tags editor (but I think that's a will to keep this function apart
> from Rhythmbox ?)

It's already in 0.9.0 for MP3 and FLAC but disabled by default (as it
can lead to data loss).

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>