Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] music sharing patch #2

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 11:06 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> But doesn't Rhythmbox unconditionally need the very latest GTK+ and
> totem for example?  If you're a developer/tester you should be using
> jhbuild which should handle this stuff for you, right?

Although Rhythmbox 0.9.0 does need the latest totem (totem-plparser
actually), it doesn't require anything else higher than a Gnome 2.10
desktop. This means that it can be built on Ubuntu Hoary, Fedora Core 4,
etc. systems proivded they have a new version of totem.

That said we can probably remove switches like --with-cd-burner and
--enable-bonobo because they should work with any 2.10 desktop.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
wrong. -- H. L. Mencken