Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] music sharing patch #2

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 14:34 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Thanks for that patch. It allow it to compile for me and I can even
> run it up but when I try to play some local mp3s I get an exclamation
> mark next to the files. If I select the file and check the properties
> of it has a red cross with the error "No URI handler implemented for
> '(NULL)'"
>
> If I recompile it without the patch the problem goes away. One other
> thing that I notice with this problem was that as it goes through the
> list and can't play each file (in shuffle mode) and moves onto the
> next there is always one file that never gets played (hence never gets
> an exclamation file) each time. This looks like an off by one error in
> the shuffle code.

Hmm, looks like my patch broke things then.

Urgh. Aside from the signedness warnings the code generates (which can
be stopped by putting ~60 casts into the code), it also breaks if chars
are unsigned.

The code require unsigned chars in places and signed chars in others (it
assumes that chars are signed by default), so this isn't going to be
pleasant to fix. For now turning off signedness warnings, or not using
-Werror works, but we'll need to fix this before puting into cvs.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"Give a man a match and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's
warm for the rest of his life." -- Terry Pratchett.