Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Support for flash based mp3 players

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 10:46 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:

> If you can use hal to check whether a given hal udi correspond to such a
> flash player, then you can have a look at the ipod code to check how you
> can automatically show/hide a specific rhythmbox source when this player
> is plugged/unplugged (or more accurately, mounted/unmounted).

> > Actually, now i realise something else i wanted to discuss, how should i
> > handle files that are new on the device? I had considered creating a
> > folder like ~/Music and dumping the files there and then adding to the
> > playlist.
>
> I'm not really following you... What are you calling "the playlist" ?

Sorry, i should have outlined the problem clearer. The flash based
players that i'm referring to usually have VERY limited storage. They
are essentially usb flash disks that happen to be able to play mp3/ogg
files placed in a certain folder. Their storage ranges from 32Mb to 1Gb,
so they rarely are a source of music. The usual use for the devices are
to copy a selection of music onto the device, they are not typically
used for permanent storage of music - rather they are used to take some
music on your computer out with you.

These devices don't have a playlist of their own, so when i said
playlist i was referring to the one in rhythmbox.

-nick