Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox eats resources and hangs - Request for testing an mp3

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 12:51:40AM +0200, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> Eric Feliksik wrote:
> > When I imported my music directory, Rhythmbox would hang after a while, and
> > eat all my resources (CPU, RAM) so that my system got unstable (a load of
> > 14). I found that at least this files causes trouble:
> >
> > http://atlas.et.tudelft.nl/1200348/pub/bugs/test.mp3 [90 kb]
> >
> > It is a silent mp3, I know. I would appreciate it if people could take a
> > minute to test this.
>
> I get the same behaviour (Rb 0.8.8 from Debian unstable). Bugzilla is
> propably the place for such a bug.
>
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org

This is a bug in gstreamer, not rhythmbox.

$ gst-launch-0.8 gnomevfssrc location=file:///tmp/test.mp3 ! \
	typefind ! spider ! audio/x-raw-int ! fakesink
(the pipeline rb uses to extract metadata) exhibits the problem, but
the same pipeline with filesrc in place of gnomevfssrc doesn't.

-jonathan