Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Automatic Playlist UI work

Hi James,

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 03:08 +1000, James Livingston wrote:
> G'day everyone,
>
> I've got a patch that shows "proof-of-concept" for adding the Play Count
> to the available properties to filter on; its up at
> http://ids.org.au/~jrl/rhythmbox/rhythmbox--autoplaylistwork--0.9--patch1.diff (against the rhythmbox--main--branch). If you want to apply it against the merge branch (or some others) you'll have to edit it slightly as the properties of the rating widget changed from "rating" to "score" at some point.
>
> Basically all the patch does is
> 1) add support for ulong types using a spin box widget (is this the best
> idea?)

To me, the spinbox widget just feels right.

> 2) change the if/else for ratings/others to a switch/case, and add the
> stuff for the play count (based on the current text field code)
> 3) add it to the drop-down menu

Nice work! Added in rhythmbox--merge--0.9--patch-28

> I'm not particularly experienced with GLib/GTK, so I've probably made a
> blindingly stupid mistake somewhere. So if anyone who is interested want
> to give it a go, that'd be great. I'll probably make an arch branch at
> some point in the near future to chuck my playlist work in, as soon as I
> figure out how to get the archive creation commands to work.

Let me nitpick a bit on the code. :-)

1) Don't use spaces for indentation in rhythmbox. Change your editor
settings to 8-character tabs indentation.

2) Declaring variables at the beginning of a case statement is not
allowed. Which compiler are you using??? ;-)

case FOO:
  int i;
  break;

---->

case FOO:
  {
    int i;
  }
  break;

About the playlist work you mentioned: Does it include column sorting?
I'm really looking forward to it, so I can even sort my favorite
songs. :-)

--
so long,
oliver

Public GPG Key: http://www.core-dump.info/olemke-public.asc
Fingerprint: 2389 0B2C 1AA8 4E3E D5AD 3B72 00DB ABDC 73ED C558