Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Assertions

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 06:49:15AM +0600, Haran Shivanan wrote:

> I *always* seem to have problems building from cvs\arch (not just
> rhythmbox but everything in general).
> The problem is in the step going from autogen.sh to configure.
> If I can successfully generate the configure script, I can usually build
> properly, but running autogen.sh always gives weird macro errors. Any
> idea on what I need to have to make autogen.sh work properly?
> In any case, I once did build rhythmbox from arch and while the program
> started up fine, it would crash whenever I tried to play a song. Thats
> why I thought I'll try one of the snapshots instead.

It looks like you might be trying to run the rhythmbox binary from the
source tree.  This won't work unless you add --enable-uninstalled-build
to the autogen.sh (or configure) command line.

autogen.sh generally spits out some weird-looking warnings, but as long
as it generates and runs the configure script, it should be OK.
What weird macro errors is it giving you?

-jonathan