Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] moving rhythmbox homepage to live.gnome.org

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 08:44 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> I'm tossing around the idea of moving the rhythmbox homepage
> from www.rhythmbox.org (a redhat boxen I believe) to a wiki page.
> That way the site would be under community control rather than
> just one person.
>
> The reasons are:
>
> * Updated published arch repositories for contributors
> * Updated gpg keys for new contributors
> * new features/proposals on the wiki
>
> If there is a quorum I can start moving stuff piecemeal and then
> ask walters to change the DNS pointer to point to the wiki once people
> are satisifed with it.

I don't think the Wiki is a good idea. The look will be different, and
not flexible enough. An easier (and more secure way I might add) would
be to add it to the www.gnome.org/projects/ pages. I've already done
that for Totem, and it will allow Ronald and myself to work on it, as
well as get contributions from anyone with GNOME CVS commit permissions.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>