[Rhythmbox-devel] reloading library at every startup on samba share

Howdy!

I posed this question to the IRC people and they suggested I file a
bug - but since I've never done that before, and it's not really a
bug, I thought I'd mention it here first.

Rhythmbox apparently wants to "reload" my library of about 80Gb of
songs every time it starts. These files are on another machine and
shared via samba. I mount that share on my main machine and it was
that mount point that I gave RB as the location of my files. As you
can imagine, it takes quite a bit of time to do this.

Is there a way I can tell RB not to reload the library in this manner?
If not, could it be added as an option in a future version?

If I do indeed need to file a bug about this, let me know. I don't
mind learning how to do this. If I'm doing something obviously wrong
or stupid, tell me that too. :)

Thanks! Keep up the great work. Except for this issue, I love Rhythmbox!

Aaron