Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] reloading library at every startup on samba share

> Rhythmbox apparently wants to "reload" my library of about 80Gb of
> songs every time it starts. These files are on another machine and
> shared via samba. I mount that share on my main machine and it was
> that mount point that I gave RB as the location of my files. As you
> can imagine, it takes quite a bit of time to do this.

Rhythmbox checks that all the files present in its library haven't been
modified when it starts up, that's probably what you are seeing.
However, it shouldn't prevent you from using it while it's doing that.
Can you expand a bit on what issues you are having while rhythmbox is
checking your samba files?

Thanks,

Christophe