Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Generic Media Player Support

> 1)  We write one, generic media player source that is fed by multiple
> gnome-vfs backends.  Each media player gets its own gnome-vfs module and
> feeds the pertinent info to the single media player source living in
> rhythmbox.

It seems like this solution would be the much more preferable option
from a unix-y view - reusable components are better than single-use
components. Both would prolly be a similar amount of work - either way,
you're writing some way of converting the player to work with a set
access method, its just how universal that access method will be
(desktop-wide or rhythmbox-centric)

--matt jones