[Rhythmbox-devel] Re: Import into a playlist?

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 09:17:42AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 14:26, Mike Frisch wrote:
> > Is it possible to import new MP3s to a playlist?  When I get new music,
> > I would like it to go into a 'new' playlist so it doesn't just get lost
> > in the big list of new songs.
>
> A new automatic playlist you mean?

Yes, that would work...  But I was thinking of an import capability that
imports as normal and automatically adds those tracks to a playlist.

> > Also, I have a lot of my music separated in folders by genre, so it'd be
> > nice to import the entire folder into a genre-specific playlist.
>
> If you have the genre browser enabled, you can just drag and drop
> specific genres to the sources bar to create automatic playlists on that
> genre.

This assumes that the tracks in question all have the same genre
specified in the ID3 tags.

I think I can achieve what I want simply by allowing automatic creation
of a playlist when importing a folder.

> > Has anybody started implementing this?  If not, I might take a stab at
> > it.
>
> Basically what you need is to add a new attribute long import_time; to
> the RhythmDBEntry structure, make sure it's set on initial import, etc.
> Then edit widgets/rb-query-creator.c to add it as a criteria.

I might just try that.

Thanks for the reply.

Mike.