Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Practical Rhythmbox usage ...

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 19:53, Nicholas Wieland wrote:
> First of all I want to say a big thank you for this wonderful piece of
> software, I use it all the time and I think it's the most complete and
> usable on Unix.

Cool, thanks, glad you like it.

> 1) I know all of the id3 thing, but IMVHO there are too much
> informations on songs, and nothing for albums.
> If song a and b are from album x written in 1977, probably album x has
> been written in 1977 :) The date of publication of the album is
> *really* useful, for example I can order albums by date.
> Maybe you can wrap id3 data and use it on every element in every list

I think fixing inconsistencies like this is best done with some sort of
external tool (that probably shares UI and integrates well with
Rhythmbox).

> 2) I can duplicate entries, this is *bad* IMHO.

Duplicate how?  By simply having multiple copies of the song on disk?
Or by having symlinks from elsewhere pointing to it?

> I'd like a dialog with
> an "apply" checkbox when Rhythmbox founds a duplicate entry ("This song
> already exist" "Add, "Skip", "Apply to all the directory", just to
> give an idea).

Ideally we could make it Just Work without having to use a dialog...

> Sometimes happens that I accidentally remove a song

We *do* need a confirmation dialog for removing from the library for
sure.

> 3) I can't edit id3 tags, but this is probably planned for the future

Yep.