Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox or Music Player

Andre Meyer wrote :

> "Winamp" was very succesful* without an "intuive" name. A name needs to
> be clear AND juicy. Otherwise, people don't understand what it is good
> for and/or forget its name. Too generic a name leads to invisibility.
> "Music Player" can be any player, who cares...

Generic names lead to invisibility? You mean like "Windows", "Media Player",
"Messenger", "Word" etc.? :-D I'd rephrase that saying that they don't leave
much place for competitors without leading to confusion, which can obviously
be part of a strategy for proprietary software, but probably doesn't do any
good for free software.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.6.3-2.1.253
Load : 0.37 1.26 1.53