Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox or Music Player

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 17:07 +0100, Chris Seaton wrote:
> Why does the documentation of Rhytmbox refer to some application called
> Music Player? This is madness, and must be extremely confusing: "I want
> the documentation of Rhythmbox, not Music Player". Did Mark Finlay just
> decide he didn't like the name Rhytmbox and made up his own when he was
> writing the docs?
>
> Chris Seaton

There have been some doubts wether or not to call it Rhythmbox (cause
that what's it named) or just Music player (since Music player makes
more sense to someone who doesn't know what rb is, and thus making gnome
more intuitive).

AFAIK this has changed in the recent past, so it can be there are two
versions around (Altough I only find the name Music player in my gnome)

I'd vote for Rhythmbox Music Player, in a same way as we have Totem
Movie Player, it adds both names, making sense for everyone

Regards, Ruben

This is a digitally signed message part