Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] RFC: removable media

Hi,

> What I think is most important is the integration of the physical
> location attribute with the library database and making sure the
> approach we take gives us the ability to develop logic that makes the
> right decision about files on devices that could be removed.

I haven't had time to look at your proposal in details, but I'm not sure
this "physical location attribute" should be stored by rhythmbox in its
database. Most of the code used by nautilus to deal with removable
medias, mount points and stuff like that has moved to gnome-vfs 2.6, so
it's available for use by any gnome app. This framework may provide
enough functionalities to do what you want without needing to interface
directly with hal. I'm mentioning that now in case you are about to
start implementing this "physical location attribute" ;)

Christophe

Ceci est une partie de message=?ISO-8859-1?Q?num=E9riquement?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_sign=E9e?=