Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Patch question: downloaded music RBSource

Benjamin Otte wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Ross Burton wrote:

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 13:27, Yo'av Moshe wrote:

The new "Downloaded Music" source sound good to me, and maybe it should
be extended into something like "directories out of database", so that
you can have more than one of this kind, like "aMule, "giFT", "Web",
etc'.

These are all "downloaded music", so why would they be seperate?  They
should all download into the same location.

They're all music, so they should download into the music folder.

Benjamin

I don't know about you, but I hate it when some badly tagged or just one random song I downloaded messes my library, by creating a new artist/album for one new song.

That's why I don't let RhythmBox monitor my downloaded music, and that's why I really do think it should be considered as different source. After all, the library is based usually on ripped CDs, and that's what it was meant to. Downloaded music shouldn't really be organized IMO, but to be in a more playlist form.

Yo'av.