Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Portable player support

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:58:26 +0200, Christophe Fergeau <teuf gnome org> wrote:

> > * Starting from the iPod code, it is clear that a lot of code can be
> > shared for different portable players. The generic code for polling to
> > see when a player is plugged in,
>
> This should be done using the GnomeVFSVolumeMonitor stuff from gnome-vfs
> 2.6 imo instead of this ugly polling code.

Ok. I also thought checking for the device every second wasn't too
great a solution :)

> Makes sense even though the function isn't really difficult.

That's right, but copying it for every player is pretty stupid

> > ... can be shared, and some interface needs to be defined that each
> > player can implement. Functions like is_plugged_in(), get_songs() and
> > some struct for the songs.
> > Is anybody already working on this?
>
> I don't think so, feel free to make the iPod code more generic if you
> want ;)

Ok, once if have the code for my player working, I might.
I noticed you had a separate arch archive for iPod integration. Are
you still doing work on this, or is everything merged in the 0.9
archive?
I ask this because the iPod code doesn't compile:
RBSource *	rb_ipod_source_new		(RBShell *shell, RhythmDB *db,
						 BonoboUIComponent *component);
needs to be changed to:
RBSource *	rb_ipod_source_new		(RBShell *shell, RhythmDB *db,
						 GtkActionGroup *actiongroup);

Bastiaan