Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Applet 0.1.0 Released

Hi -

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 19:30 -0500, Michael Messmore wrote:
> To me I have trouble seeing its relevance to the rhythmbox applet.  I
> guess it may be because I see the rhythmbox applet as being a
> rhythmbox-playback applet, and I think the alarm idea could make a very
> good rhythmbox-alarm applet.  There is a lot of code related to the
> bonobo interface that could and should be reused across these, but I
> think they are two different ideas with two separate (although
> intersecting) target audiences.

I agree completely with the first part of this, but I'd like to suggest
a notification area thing for alarms instead. An applet is generally
more for interaction or viewing of information. You set alarms and
forget about them (until the alarm goes off) - its not like you check
every five minutes what time the alarm is for or reset the alarm all the
time.
The only negative is crowding the status area - probably part of the
reason evolution-alarm-daemon doesn't notify you of its existance in the
status area. But your still not crowding it as much as an applet would
(it being the panel)

-- Matt Jones