Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Applet 0.1.0 Released

Hey,

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:27:19 -0500, Paul Kuliniewicz
<kuliniew purdue edu> wrote:
> I've written a GNOME panel applet that lets you control Rhythmbox via
> its Bonobo interface and creatively named it Rhythmbox Applet.  This
> applet has several advantages over using the icon Rhythmbox currently
> puts in the notification area, which inspired me to write it:
>
> * The applet provides one-click access to the main playback controls,
>   instead of putting them in a context menu.
>
> * The applet displays the current playing time without requiring a
>   mouse-over.
>
> * The applet's tooltip also displays the current song's album.

Cool! I'll be sure to take a look. I'm wondering: I've wanted to
somehow add alarm clock support to Rhythmbox.. do you think your panel
applet would be a suitable place to put it? It seems like you've
gotten all the bonobo stuff sorted out to talk to Rhythmbox (well,
except for the one issue you mentioned :) so alarm support would
basically entail adding a UI for it and then just signalling Rhythmbox
to start playing at the appropriate time (fancy features like eg. fade
in could wait a while).

If I wrote a patch to your applet, would you be interested in it? BTW,
I filed a bug against Rhythmbox for this initially, bug #145421

Have fun,

Pedro