Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] UTF-8 issues still present

> So I'll leave it as it stands, and either continue looking for
> ways to fix my tags (I'm open to ideas), or convert them back to latin1.

Ok, I was wrong.   I just thought I'd pipe in with my latest discovery.

I managed to find out where in MP3::Tag the encoding type is getting
set, along with the tag version.  After enabling encoding types, I can
save the encoding type as chr(3), as the id3v2 documentation says, and
rhythmbox can properly read the tags as utf8.  I had to change the
version from 2.3 to 2.4 before easytag (id3lib) could see the utf8 text
(apparently, 2.3 with the \x03 encoding type causes an error), but it
worked fine until I re-saved the files, presumably knocking the tag
version back down to 2.3.

So...  Problem solved, to a point, anyway...

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer