Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] working towards 0.7.1

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 11:48, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> > So I'd like to cut 0.7.1 fairly soon.  My main question is about the
> > iPod support - have people tested it?  What should we advertise it as?
> > "some iPod code"? "iPod support"? "initial iPod support"?
>
> I'd also mention it's experimental since there wasn't much feedback
> about it.

Ok.

> There are a few rough edges, for examples in the preferences
> menu where an (undesirable imo) ipod tab appears.

Ok.  It should be sufficient to override get_config_widget in the ipod
source to just return NULL.

> I also think there's a
> race condition which can make library loading deadlock at startup when
> an ipod is plugged.

I just glanced at the ipod code and I didn't see a problem like that,
but I am curious - why in load_ipod_db_idle_cb do you write lock/write
unlock multiple times?  Why not just grab the write lock at the
beginning of the loop, create the entry, set it up, and then write
unlock?

This is a digitally signed message part