Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Seamless playing

On a related issue, there is a media player out there, the name of which
escapes me for the moment that fades one track out and the next in when
you change tracks.  This doesn't happen when one song ends and another
begins, but only when you click next, or double click on a completely
different file.  It avoids the jarring stopping and starting of songs
when you are skipping around looking for something.

Personally, I could see how the fade in would be kind of annoying but
the fade out was really sweet.  It wasn't long, just a second or two at
the most, but it was a really nice piece of ear candy that makes the app
look really polished.  I'm not sure if this is related to the logic for
seamless playback, but both would be really cool.

John