[Rhythmbox-devel] Re: Live Radio Browser

On 2004-02-03, Ryan Hayle <hackel@walkingfish.com> wrote:

> Right now I'm working on just dumping the list of live streams into
> RhythmDB and erasing the database on each refresh.  This doesn't seem
> like it's the best means to accomplish this (a lot of overhead), since a
> new list is pulled for each genre or search.  Does anyone have other
> suggestions?  It would be helpful to support multiple sources for each
> IRadio station, but I assume that is forthcoming since I remember it
> used to be in net-rhythmbox.

I use Rhythmbox primarily for radio and I think this is a great idea.
For interface, I suggest two icons in "source" section. One could be
"Radio Favorites" would function the same as "Radio" does now.
Another could be "Radio Tuner", which would be the live browser.

This is how iTunes works, and I find it very intuitive and easy. No
sub-genres needed.

	Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/