Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Support for .mpc files? (new gstreamer musepack plugin)

Rhythmbox needs to be modified because gstreamer can read many different
file formats, and we don't want all kind of video files (avi files for
example) to be added to the library. So during the import, there's a
list of allowed media formats hard coded in rhythmbox. libextractor
wouldn't be of much use there... and gstreamer provides the same kind of
functionality for media files.

Thanks,

Christophe