Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] OGG Custom field tags and rhytmbox

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Ross Burton wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 09:04, Jonas Lihnell wrote:
> > Also, if anyone decides to build support for multiple genre/style tags, please
> > contact me so we can work out a standard for naming them (would be really
> > silly if I made it one way and you guys the other, and we both en up with
> > noting >_<)
>
> The Ogg metadata spec clearly states that multiple occurrences of tags
> are allowed, as far as I recall the example given is of multiple genres.

Just wanted to mention that GStreamer metadata supports multiple tags of
the same type, but Rb currently can only handle one tag of every type.

Colin, what are your thoughts on supporting multiple genres or artists for
the same track? With the current RhythmDB layout that looks hard to do.

Benjamin
(who is hacking on a libgda/sqlite backend atm)