Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox tray icon - again
- From: "Seth Nickell" <snickell stanfordalumni org>
- To: "Jeremy Nickurak" <atrus rifetech com>,"Colin Walters" <walters verbum org>
- Cc: usability gnome org, rhythmbox-devel gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox tray icon - again
- Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 23:49:32 -0700
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 10:48AM -0800, Jeremy Nickurak wrote:
> topOn Thu, 2003-08-28 at 20:34, Colin Walters wrote:
>> 1) It's not (total) crack, at least for applications like music
>> which you use for a few seconds to pick a song and then want out of
> Agreed, very handy.
>> 2) I think it's a bad idea to do this on left click. It should happen
>> via a context menu where the user has some clue about what's going on.
>> Also, I think it would be good to change the tray icon somehow to let
>> the user know the window is hidden.
> Here I must disagree. The reason this feature is useful is that it's a
> quick way to show/hide the window. Hiding this feature away in a
> menu entirely defeats the purpose.
> Why not simply have left-click minimize the window?
Why not simply minimize the window with the windowlist, an interface
element designed precisely for the task in question?
] [Thread Prev