Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] MP3 Audio in arch builds > 168

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 15:57, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 08:13, Justin Miller wrote:
> > When I try to play an mp3 on a build > 168, I get "Unknown media type".
>
> Do you mean 198?  In that patch I switched back to just using "spider"
> to play mp3s, instead of looking at the filename extension (e.g. .mp3,
> and using "mad").
>
> What version of GStreamer are you using?  It's highly recommended that
> you use 0.6.4.  Maybe what we should do is just flat-out require 0.6.4.

Not for compiling, it sounds a bit harsh.
Couldn't you check the version of the plugin and use the old code if
it's not a 0.6.4 version?

> > Rhythmbox has the songs listed perfectly, and if I go back to 168, the
> > very same mp3s play fine. Anyone have any ideas on what the problem
> > might be? I really want to try out the latest Smart playlist or Auto
> > playlist, whatever the name was changed to, but I can't live without my
> > mp3s.
>
> You can revert just a single patch like this:
>
> tla get-patch walters@rhythmbox.org--2003b/rhythmbox--mainline--0.6--patch-198 ,patch-198
> tla dopatch -r ,patch-198
---
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net>
She grew on him like she was a colony of E. coli and he was
room-temperature British beef.