[Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox 0.5.88: "Interregnum"

Hi,

This is a special GNOME release team Rhythmbox preview release.
*Please* don't announce this release on news sites or the like yet; that
should wait for 0.6.0.  People looking for a taste of the Rhythmbox
future but afraid to try building from arch/CVS are also welcome to try
this release.

So as you know, the Rhythmbox team hopes very much to fulfill our
long-term goal of being included with GNOME.  It's been a goal since
before GNOME 2.2, and I think we're really, finally almost ready.

However, the current schedule for new module releases this week is
slightly out of sync with our expected 0.6.0 target; we expect 0.6.0 to
be at least another week, maybe two.  It's quite close now, but some
bugs remain, and we have a commitment now to extremely polished releases
:)

We do feel though that the current development version is quite usable.
So, for the purposes of evaluating Rhythmbox for inclusion in GNOME, you
have several choices.

1) Try the well-worn 0.5.3 release.  This is used by a large number of
people and it has bugs, but it does largely work.

2) Try this 0.5.88 release.  This release has some new bugs, but it also
gives a major speed boost, a number of sexy new features, a cleaned up
UI, and more, in addition to being a massive rework of the Rhythmbox
code.

3) And of course, you can always try the latest arch/CVS version.

So, without further ado:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/rhythmbox/0.5/rhythmbox-0.5.88.tar.gz

Your comments, questions, bug reports, and especially changesets are
appreciated! :)

This is a digitally signed message part